- Avoids probate for your assets validly placed therein.
- Upon death, allows quick distribution of trust assets to your beneficiaries.
- Keeps the assets transferred through your trust private and confidential.
- The Probate Court has no control over trust assets.
- Avoids conservatorship if you become incompetent, or incapacitated.
- May help to reduce emotional stress on your family.
- Completely flexible because you can change it at any time.
Living Trusts California
A Living Trust is similar to a will, however it offers unique advantages. A will is subject to probate that will impose significant costs on the estate and those who are to inherit from you. A Living Trust is not subject to probate. Because it is not subject to probate, it keeps your assets confidential, maintains the privacy of the transfer of your assets, and you manage to avoid the high costs associated with probate. Having a Living Trust will allow you to prevent the court from controlling your assets at death or incapacity.